Monday, June 28, 2010

I scrapped!

A page I did last night (click for credits):

I haven't done much scrapping lately.  There just aren't enough hours in the day, I guess.   I have these grand plans to scrap all of the kids' first year baby books and here we are, four years later for the twins and no books.  I've resigned myself to the fact that it's just not going to happen.  There's no way, at this point, that I have the time to scrap every single page that I'd like to see in their books.  And, lets not forget that I actually have a third book to do as well.  Or, the one that I promised my Dad for his 60th birthday (he'll be 62 this fall).  Ugh. 

I'm great at remembering to take photographs and jotting all of the important stuff down.  I have a notebook of all of their "firsts" and funny quotes, things they've said/done.  But, that's where it begins and ends.  I did just recently purchase four 12X12 Martha Stewart albums that were on clearance at Michaels.  I've devised a new plan for the albums and they will hopefully resemble Ali Edwards' A Week In the Life albums.  I do have a lot of pages scrapped already so I'm thinking that the mix of scrapped pages along with baseball card sized photos and snippets will actually allow me to finish the albums and also take the pressure off of designing a pretty page for every photo. 

I'm all for plans that make my life easier.

No comments: