Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Verdict

I had a call with my boss yesterday afternoon and the compromise is that I will go to part time status at work. I will continue to work in the office my regularly scheduled three days, but the other two days that I'm home, I will just be home! No more working from home - which I'm excited about. I'm taking a cut in pay to do this and giving up my bonuses and insurance, but it is worth it. Besides, we're on Gene's insurance anyway.

The work from home schedule has been nice because I've gotten to spend those days at home with the kids, but it is very hectic. First, we are tied to the house and tied to my laptop b/c I need to be available. So, it is difficult to balance the kids needs with work. Now, I can go out and do the stay at home mom things that I've always wanted to do on those days at home. I'm really excited about it and looking forward to it. The change is effective March 1st, so I only have one more week!

No comments: