Sunday, December 28, 2008

I {heart} Christmas


I {heart} Christmas, originally uploaded by yoursournotes.

It is my favorite time of the year and unfortunately it comes upon us as quickly as it goes. I'm sad it's over. I always am.

Just a few of the reasons why I love Christmas...
Mom's Christmas cookies
The smell of pine throughout the house
Our annual hayride to the tree farm to find the perfect tree
Late night hot chocolate sipping and present wrapping
The daily question "Is it Christmas yet?"
Our house decorated in white lights and candles
EJ and Olivia's stockings hung on the mantel
Our ever growing collection of locally made Christmas ornaments
Christmas music
The candlelight Christmas Eve service at our church
The excitement on my kids' faces
Our annual Christmas Eve party
Watching my kids open presents on Christmas morning
Christmas brunch at my in-laws complete with homemade scones and sweet bread.
Christmas dinner with my family complete with turkey and all of the "fixins" - there's no better meal than this.

There's no better time of year than this. My kids are already asking when Christmas will be here again.

1 comment:

The Roses said...

Sounds like you all had a nice celebration. I too love the holidays. It is such a letdown when January rolls around. I know my kids wish it was Christmas all year long!