Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Is it over??

Is it over? Is it over? Just like that? A flick of a switch?

I woke up this morning and to my amazement?? I felt good. Maybe not pre-pregnancy good, but really good. I wasn't still exhausted, even though I had slept 9 hours. And, I wasn't sick. Wow. So, I spent the day waiting for it to hit. And.... I'm happy to report that I'm still waiting.

I cleaned the house (at least somewhat). Made french toast (the good kind with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla). Did the dishes. Dressed the kids. Made lunch. We went outside and I shoveled (yes shoveled) the driveway and the walks. Wow. Put the kids down for a nap and I will admit that I took one too. But, after the shoveling, I needed it, I guess.

Got us up from our naps, made jambalaya for dinner and after? I made oatmeal chocolate chip (w/ peanut butter) cookies. I told Gene it was a treat for the kids but in all honesty, while it was indeed a treat for them, it was for me as well and I was craving them.

Speaking of cravings, I don't really remember having any with the twins. This time, however, I've been suffering from one steady craving. Tomato and swiss sandwiches. They came about as an accident one day as I was trying to make a tuna sandwich and while in the middle of preparing, I discovered that Gene had finished off the tuna salad. So, I ate the sandwich minus the tuna - which turned out to be swiss, mayo, and lots of tomatoes on wheat bread. It was heavenly. Ever since then, I've been known to have a couple in one day. I'll eat them at night, in the morning, anytime. And, I pile the tomatoes so high I can barely bite into the sandwich. I guess I should be thankful this is my one steady craving. It could have been chocolate milkshakes.

1 comment:

Therese said...

I am so glad you are still waiting - hope it is over..... it is a nightmare feeling sick when you are pregnant.... I was really sick at least 4 months....

hugs !