Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thoughts of Baby

I think it's really starting to sink in. Now that the initial shock is over, the idea that I'm having a baby is finally real and I'm now feeling myself switching into high gear organization mode. You'd think with having twins I would be all set, but things like a single stroller are a must have item. Guess I can sell the two doubles that I have now.

My to do lists and to buy lists are starting to, at least mentally, be created. Thoughts of the design of the nursery, paint colors and bedding are popping into my head. Names? Haven't even started thinking about names and honestly, I don't want to. I think picking names is the hardest part of it all and I'm not looking forward to it. Everything else? Thankfully, with already having a boy and a girl, and having two of most everything, I *should* have most of what I need.

I'm nearing the end of the first trimester and I think that I'm starting to feel a bit better. I seem to be less tired and a little less sick... although that could just be wishful thinking. I go next Friday for an ultrasound. It's part of the list of tests that they recommend I have now that I'm the ripe old age of 35 and considered to be "advanced maternal age". Yippee. To be honest, I would have skipped the test but I really enjoy having ultrasounds and the more times I can see my baby and know that all is ok, the happier I am. So, of course, I agreed.

Given that I'll only be 12 weeks at the time of the ultrasound, any gender predictions will not be guaranteed. But, it still will be nice to take a peek. I'm convinced that I'm having a girl and can't wait to know for sure. Given that I have a boy and girl now, however, I have no preference.

I finally got around to creating a page last night. I'm vowing to do this baby's book as it comes so that I'm not overwhelmed with a huge project after the fact. Which could be why the twins books are not completed yet, and they're going to be four in two months. Oops! Here's the first page:



We had an ultrasound done Christmas Eve day and this was it. I was only six weeks and three days at the time which is why you can barely make out the little blur that is a baby. But, we saw the heartbeat, which was the best Christmas present we could have been given. Now I'm just looking forward to next week's scan and the reassurance that all is going well.

1 comment:

The Roses said...

Yeah baby! Again, so happy for you!