Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's so very sad...

what some people have to endure in their lives.  I always struggle with this.  Why some people must suffer through the most tragic of events while others never experience such a devastating pain.

I learned yesterday from a Facebook post about a little girl who lost her fight against stage four Neuroblastoma.  I followed this post to a blog that the little girl's parents had created.  There, along with a Twitter account, the parents posted updates for the world to see.  As of last check, the Twitter account had 45,000 followers.  Wow.

I'm almost glad that I didn't find this account sooner as I know I would have begun following their Tweets and, in turn, tortured myself daily.  I can't handle this sort of thing.  And, she wasn't my child.  I can't even wrap my head around the the type of pain you experience when it is your child.  Losing one of my children, especially in this manner, is my worst fear.  And, reading posts like this scare the crap out of me.  They make me paranoid.  They make me worry.  They show me that no one is immune to this scenario and miracles don't always happen.  I haven't been able to get this little girl, or her family, out of my head since I read their story yesterday.

Rest in peace, sweet little one.  If you'd like to read their story, you can see their blog here or their Twitter account here.

1 comment:

Shirley Woodard Polk | Wild Blueberry Ink said...

I have just started following a little girl with the same disease. I am so much like you - it breaks my heart and I wonder why some people have so much they have to endure!