Friday, May 21, 2010

My Weekend =

cookies.  I have a feeling I will be spending all weekend on these.  The teachers at preschool asked me if I'd be willing to make Cat in the Hat cookies for graduation Monday evening.  They found a photo online of said cookies and thought, since the kids spent a lot of time on Dr. Seuss during the school year, that the cookies would be fitting.  I agreed. 

Luckily, I found the hat cookie cutter online and ordered it.  I'm fairly new to baking and definitely not ready for the hand cutting of cookies.  I baked them this afternoon and am hoping to get all of the decorating done tomorrow.  They *should* look like this when they're done.  At least I'm hoping they will be some resemblance of it, anyway.  The teachers also requested that I put each child's name on the cookie so I'm thinking of giving edible markers a try.  We'll see how it goes! 

No comments: