Thursday, February 14, 2008

First Post and a Happy Valentines Day!

So, this is my first post on my first blog! I decided to start my own in an attempt to do a better job documenting our lives. I'm terrible at writing things down and after the twins were born, I vowed to be better. Unfortunately, it didn't really happen. Don't get me wrong, I wrote down the important stuff - first smiles, first teeth, crawling, walking, etc. But, beyond their first year I really haven't kept up with it and it's unfortunate because in the blink of an eye they are grown. And, all of the things that you thought you would remember, you don't. Gene did a great job with our old blog, the twin invasion, for the first year but it's kind of lost its luster, I guess. So, hopefully this blog will serve to preserve some of those memories as they happen!

Today was Valentine's Day! I picked up some goodies at the $1 bins at Target (gotta love the dollar bins) for V-Day. Olivia is really into purses and I was excited to have found one there. I bought Eugene a Spider Man backpack but Olivia (the accessory loving girl that she is) claimed it as her own. So, she wore the backpack and purse around the house all day today. Eugene didn't seem to care. I think he thought that the backpack was just a gift bag because once he emptied the stash of goodies I had in the bag for him, he handed it to me and told me to take it.

Unfortunately, our house has been full of sickies this week. Gene and the kids both caught a cold so we have been going thru a lot of tissues and motrin like crazy. Surprisingly, I have somehow, at least as of today, been spared.

Here are some shots of the kids opening their v-day gifts this morning...




Well, it's late and I have to work in the morning but I wanted to get my first post published before the day was over! Hopefully, I'll be back again tomorrow and every day thereafter!

No comments: