Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rough Morning

The trash collectors woke me up at 5:30 this morning.  Wrong night to sleep with the windows open.  I must have counted my coffee scoops incorrectly as my morning coffee tasted like water flavored with a hint of coffee and cream.  I'm on my 2nd and correctly measured pot.  I spilled Piper's oatmeal all over the floor, my leg, my new sneakers and the cabinets.  My husband forgot to put the van seat back in the van last night so I spent 20 minutes wrestling and cursing it (and him) safely back into place.  This took 10 minutes longer than I had hoped and we therefore were not able to make it to story time at the library.  Our dog, Farley, is sick and isn't eating.  I have a vet appointment scheduled for this evening and am hoping it isn't serious.  He's old. 

I was a grouchy Mama this morning.  I hate when that happens.  When it all builds up and I snap at the twins for trying to talk at the same time or asking too many questions or talking while Piper is crying and I can't hear what they're saying and can't take all of the noise and craziness at once.  My morning, in a nutshell.  Thankfully, I don't have many of them.

I apologized to EJ for being grouchy and snapping at him.  He said, "It's ok, Mommy.  I still love you." 

Thank goodness. 

1 comment:

The Roses said...

We all have days like this.