Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh Baby.



Well, the belly is growing, the little baby kicks are getting stronger and more consistent, and I'm just about halfway done with my pregnancy already! As much as it seemed to drag on during those nausea filled first trimester weeks, it is flying by now! And, I'm trying to appreciate and savor every minute of it. I know this will be our last baby and my last pregnancy. And, I'm one of those crazy people who love being pregnant.

When I was pregnant with the twins, I wished the pregnancy away. We had tried for so long to get pregnant that I just wanted them HERE. I was very impatient and stressed during the entire pregnancy and I didn't appreciate it for the miracle that it was. Plus, I had a lot of complications with that pregnancy... first trimester bleeding that lasted ALL of the first trimester and into the 2nd, constant braxton hicks contractions and worry of preterm later in the 2nd trimester, and the third trimester I dealt with preterm labor, a hospital stay and modified bedrest. So, needless to say, I didn't really have the opportunity to relax and enjoy being pregnant.

This pregnancy has been so different and I'm so thankful for that. Knock on wood, I've had no complications and no worrisome symptoms. And, because of that, and maybe because it's my second time around, I'm much more relaxed. I'm also much smaller than I was when I was carrying the twins, obviously, so I shouldn't be as uncomfortable as quickly as I was with them. Other than the bigger belly, I don't really feel pregnant.

We go on Friday for our big ultrasound and will hopefully find out what we're having! I can't wait and have been counting down the days. I was so sure it was a girl earlier this month but now I'm starting to question my confidence. Two more days, and we should know for sure. And then I'll shift to the naming game and nursery decor planning!

No comments: